Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (“Agreement“) are a legally binding agreement between the user (“User” or “you“) of the eComChef Services and Applicable eComChef Company (“eComChef“, “eComChef“, “we” or “us“) as described herein.
Please make sure you fully understand the contents of this Agreement. If you have any doubts about any of your rights and obligations resulting from your acceptance of this Agreement, please consult us or obtain legal support.
eComChef does not guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or content advertised by a third party. Before endorsing the suggested products by eComChef, one must do in-depth research and check if the product has copyright, property, or privacy right.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NEITHER CONTINUE WITH THE PROCESS OF REGISTRATION NOR FURTHER USE THE SERVICES.
- Definition: The “Services” consist of a suite of online marketing and management tools for search engine optimization (“SEO“), social media and digital marketing located at https://www.eComChef.com/ (the “Website“), which includes tools for research and analysis, link building, campaign management, automated tracking of search engine performance, analytics and conversion tracking and SEO reports, instruments for content and contact management. Among other things, the Services enable Users to (a) conduct internet-advertising campaigns, (b) obtain information related to their ongoing advertising campaigns, (c) generate reports and analytics on web pages or advertising campaigns, and (d) access an extensive array of resources, including but not limited to, an online platform and its application programming interface (“API“).
- Changes: We reserve the right to change the terms or specifications of any Services in our discretion, with or without prior written notice to the Users, by replacement of text of this Agreement or description of paid subscription plans on the Website or by written notice to you. Any changes will take effect immediately unless otherwise stated in the notice of change. If any amendment is unacceptable to you, your only recourse is to terminate relations with eComChef. Your continued use of the Services following our notice of change will constitute a binding acceptance of the Agreement, as amended.
- Additional Services: Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the currently offered Services, including the release of new eComChef services, shall be subject to this Agreement.
- Right to Use Services: eComChef hereby grants you permission to use the Services and the Website solely as set forth in this Agreement and in the manner set forth on the Website. In the event of any conflict between the terms of this Agreement and the Website, the terms of this Agreement shall prevail. Any use of the Services other than as set forth in this Agreement or in violation of any term of this Agreement will result in suspension or revocation of your use privileges in our sole discretion.
- Suspension or Termination of Services: Notwithstanding anything stated or implied to the contrary in this Agreement, we may at any time, without derogating from our other rights under this Agreement, applicable law or otherwise, suspend or terminate any or all of the Services, effective immediately upon issuance of a written notice. Such suspension or termination may also apply, as the case may be, to specific jurisdictions, lines of business and otherwise or to a specific customer or a group of Users. Notwithstanding the foregoing, solely with respect to Users of paid Services, whenever reasonably possible, such Users may be given up to thirty (30) days after notice of suspension or termination of their User account to back-up the data stored in their account before it may be removed entirely from our servers.
- Third Party Services: We reserve the right to use third party service providers in the provisions of all or part of the Services including, but not limited to, hosting providers, payment processing services, information and communication services, analytics services, internet advertising platforms, advertising service providers and platforms. Where any of the aforementioned services are provided by third parties, the User may be subject to such third party’s terms and conditions. We accept no responsibility for services provided by any third party.
REGISTRATION AND ACCOUNT
- Use of the Services: You may use the Services either as a registered or as an unregistered User. However, you may not use the Services, either as a registered or unregistered User if you are not of legal age to enter into a contract in your jurisdiction or if do not have the authority to accept this Agreement. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn that we have collected personal information from anyone under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. Registering as a User may provide you with the following additional benefits over using the Services in a visitor (non-registered) capacity: tracking marketing campaigns and seeing requests history, keeping your preferences and other settings, etc.
- User Representations: By using the Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are at least 18 years of age and have the capacity and authority to enter into this Agreement; and (d) your use of the Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
- Registration; Billing: To register as a User, you have to create a user account on the Website by following registration procedures and instructions set forth therein. There is no cost to create a eComChef User account. However, in order to access certain paid features of the Services, you will be required to provide billing details. As a registered User, you agree to notify us promptly of any changes to your billing details.
- Login, Password and API Key: You are solely and fully responsible for the maintenance of all of your eComChef user accounts, including, but not limited to, your User login, password and API key. The API key is a form of access token provided by eComChef, and can only be affiliated with one User account (the “API Key”). You agree not to share your API Key with any third parties.
- User Responsibilities: You are responsible for all of the following with respect to your use of the Services:
- maintaining the security of your User account and all the activity that occurs on your User account;
- maintaining accurate account information at all times, including a valid email address and billing information and updating such information as necessary;
- obtaining access to the Services, and that access may involve third-party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges); and
- obtaining and maintaining all equipment necessary to access the Services.
- Prohibited Uses: You are expressly prohibited from using the Services in any of the following ways or for any of the following purposes:
- No Illegal Purpose: You may not use the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, including in any way that violates copyright or other applicable laws.
- No Tampering: You may not use the Services in a way that is detrimental to the operation of the Services or the access or use of the Services by anyone else. You will not upload or transmit viruses, worms or any other destructive code. The restrictions in this Section applies to any use that interferes or attempts to interfere with the normal operations of the Services, including by hacking, deleting, augmenting or altering the Services.
- Permission Required: You may not, without our prior written permission and, solely with respect to lease, resale and sublicense, except as may be specifically allowed under your paid subscription plan, (i) copy, distribute (including by framing any of the Services on any website), modify, enhance, translate, reproduce, sell, resell, sublicense, rent, lease, or otherwise attempt to exploit the Services or any data resulting therefrom; (ii) decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code; (iii) make derivative works of the Services; (iv) remove, obscure, or alter any copyright notice, trademarks, or other proprietary rights notices affixed to or contained within or accessed in conjunction with or through the Website or Services; (v) modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Services, eComChef or any other eComChef products or services; or (vi) make the Website or the Services or any part thereof available to others in a service undertaking or outsourcing arrangement or for any other commercial time-sharing, data processing or other third party use.
- Inquiries: You agree not to forward (i) more than 10 inquiries per 1 second from one unique IP address, (ii) more than 10 simultaneous inquiries from 1 User, or (iii) more than 2 simultaneous export inquiries.
- Automatic Inquiries: All automatic inquiries are prohibited.
- Special Access and Testing: If you are invited or clearly provided with access to beta testing new tools and resources, which are not made available to our users broadly (“closed beta”), you should not rely on, nor expect, the continued availability of these new tools and resources. Any such access to beta test new tools and resources, if any, is conditioned upon your agreement not to disclose any information about these new tools and resources or your experience with using them to third parties.
- Assignment: A User may not assign, transfer, exchange, pool or barter any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement or the User account, unless expressly permitted by eComChef in writing. Any violation of the foregoing restrictions is grounds for immediate User account termination. For changes in access under corporate subscriptions to the Services we may require from you a detailed explanation of changes in your circumstances, along with confirmation of employment and other reasonable information and relevant documents.
- De-Registration: You may delete your User account at any time. Note that doing so will delete all your data and information stored on eComChef servers and eComChef will bear no responsibility for such loss of data or information. All Service fees incurred prior to de-registration will be due and owing, until paid in full, such de-registration notwithstanding.
- Termination by eComChef: eComChef reserves the right to terminate any User account for abusive or fraudulent activity, for failure to comply with this Agreement, or for any other reason in its sole discretion.
FEES AND SETTLEMENT
- Service Fees: With respect to paid Services, User will be charged the fees set forth in the relevant section on the eComChef Website located at https://www.eComChef.com or as otherwise offered on the Website for a particular subscription plan (the “Fees“). The Fees, unless explicitly shown during the process of purchasing a subscription plan and following confirmation thereof, are exclusive of value added tax and any additional or other taxes, charges or duties which may be imposed in connection with any and all payments made or due hereunder and shall, if applicable, be borne, respectively registered and duly declared by User.
- Promotional Giveaways: From time to time we may offer promotional giveaways of the Services, subject to the specific rules that we will announce at the time of any such promotional giveaway. Users shall bear sole responsibility for any and all income tax consequences that may result from their winning any such giveaway. Further, solely to the extent required by applicable laws, Users agree to submit to us duly completed tax forms, to enable us to make all required filings with tax authorities.
- Change in Fees: We may change the Fees and/or introduce new charges in addition to the Fees in our sole discretion upon thirty (30) days’ prior written notice to the User. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may increase the Fees, immediately and with contemporaneous notice, in the event of (a) any change in the services or fees of our third party service providers; (b) changes in the Services which are made at your request; or (c) delays and/or other issues due to User failure to fulfill User obligations or due to User request to delay work for any reason.
- Payment: Any Fees shall be prepaid one month or one year in advance, or as otherwise offered on the Website for a particular subscription plan, at the option of the User by credit card or other payment method accepted on the Website. All prepaid amounts and Service plans will be reflected in the User account. Any bank fees and charges shall be borne solely by User.
- Refund policy: We provide paid Services on a prepaid basis. Users may discontinue their use of any Services at any time in accordance with instructions posted on the Website. The date and time of any cancelation of paid Services shall be the date and time on which the User completes the full cancelation process. The Fees for the Services may be refundable in whole or in part as set forth herein: https://www.eComChef.com/refund-policy/.
Repeated registrations or/and subscriptions for paid Services and cancellations, followed by requests for refunds, by a User may, in our sole discretion, be deemed to be in bad faith, and we reserve the right to withhold Service to any such offending User and refuse any refund otherwise available to such User.
OWNERSHIP AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY; USE OF TRADEMARKS
- All Rights Reserved: User acknowledges and agrees that all rights, title, and interest in, any and all intellectual property rights of all types or nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, patent, copyright, trademark, database rights as well as moral rights, know-how and trade secrets (and any licenses in connection with any of the same), whether or not registered or capable of registration, and whether subsisting in any specific country or countries or any other part of the world, in the Services, the platform used to provide the Services (technology, hardware, software, etc.), any code or software (SDK, API, etc.) which may be provided to User or for User’s use under this Agreement and any work products created and/or delivered herein and related documentation (forming the eComChef Website and Services) are and will remain solely and exclusively our property and/or the property of eComChef, eComChef licensors or affiliates. User is granted no title or ownership rights in the eComChef Website or Service. User’s right to use the Website, Services and any part thereof is strictly limited to the provisions of this Agreement and we reserve all rights not expressly granted herein.
- User’s Marks: User hereby grants us a worldwide, non-exclusive, unlimited and royalty-free license to use User’s brands, names, logos, trademarks, trade names and service marks as used by User for informational and advertising purposes only.
- Feedback: Users are under no obligation to give eComChef any ideas, suggestions, comments or other feedback related to the Website, the Services, or the business or operations of eComChef. If any User shares ideas, suggestions, comments, or other feedback with eComChef, eComChef will own such idea, suggestion, comment or feedback. User hereby assigns all of User’s right, title, and interest in such an idea, suggestion, comment, or feedback to eComChef and agrees that eComChef will be free to use and implement same, without restriction or obligation of any kind, without, however, any obligation to do so.
- Termination Right: Either party may terminate this Agreement at any time in its sole discretion with written notice to the other if terminated by eComChef, which notice shall be at least 30 days prior to the termination date if to a User of paid Services.
- Effect of Termination: Upon termination of this Agreement, all rights of the affected User with respect to the use of the Website or Services shall terminate immediately.
- Survival: Upon any termination of this Agreement for any reason, all provisions regarding indemnification, warranty, liability and limits thereon, and confidentiality and protection of proprietary rights and trade secrets, and any provisions which expressly or by their nature are required to survive such termination in order to achieve their purpose, shall so survive until it shall no longer be necessary for them to survive in order to achieve their purpose.
WARRANTY DISCLAIMER & LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Disclaimer: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, THE SERVICES AND THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES OR THE WEBSITE (A) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; OR (C) WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, COMPLETE, LEGAL, OR SAFE. WE FURTHER MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT ON ANY SITES LINKED TO ON THE WEBSITE.
- Limitation of Liability: In no event shall eComChef, its officers, directors, employees, or agents, be liable to you or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever arising from or related to either this Agreement, or use of the Services or the Website. Our liability to you for any damages arising from or related to this Agreement, will at all times be limited to the greater of (a) fifty dollars ($50) or (b) amounts you have paid to us in the prior 12 months (if any). The existence of more than one claim will not enlarge this limit. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction.
- Third Party Products and Services: eComChef does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Website or any hyperlinked website or featured in any banner or other advertising, and eComChef will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
- Other Jurisdictions: We make no representations that the Services or the Website are appropriate or available for use in all locations. Those who access or use the Services or the Website from jurisdictions prohibiting such use, do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless eComChef and its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (a) your use of and access to the Services and the Website; (b) your violation of any term of this Agreement; or (c) your violation of any third party rights, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive the termination of this Agreement and your use of the Services and the Website.
Exports, re-exports, and transfers of eComChef products and services, including technology, software, software source code, technical data, related technology, and the direct products thereof, including the Website content and the Services (the “eComChef Items“) are subject to US export controls and sanctions, the most important of which are administered by the Commerce Department’s Bureau of Industry and Security (“BIS“) under its Export Administration Regulations (“EAR“), the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Controls (“OFAC“) under its Foreign Assets Control Regulations, and other applicable export control laws and regulations of non-U.S. government agencies. You may not access, download, distribute, use, export, or re-export the eComChef Items in violation of United States export laws or regulations, or in violation of any other applicable laws or regulations. You agree to comply with all export laws and restrictions and regulations of any United States or foreign agency or authority, and not to directly or indirectly provide or otherwise make available the eComChef items in violation of any such restrictions, laws or regulations, or without all necessary approvals, including, without limitation, for the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons of mass destruction nor will you use the eComChef Items for a military end-use or a military end-user in China, Russia or any other country designated in EAR Supplement No. 1 to Part 740, Country Group D1. The eComChef Items may not be downloaded or otherwise provided or made available, either directly or indirectly, (i) into Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Myanmar, Syria or any other country subject to U.S. trade sanctions, to individuals or entities controlled by such countries, or to nationals or residents of such countries other than nationals who are lawfully admitted permanent residents of countries not subject to such sanctions; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Denial Orders. By agreeing to this Agreement, you agree to the foregoing and represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list and that you will not share the eComChef Items with anyone whose status is described in items (i) and (ii) above.
- Assignment: This Agreement, any part thereof or any rights or obligations under it may not be novated, assigned, outsourced or transferred by you without our advance written consent, but may be assigned by us without restriction or limitations. Any assignment or transfer in violation of the aforementioned provisions shall be deemed null and void. Subject to the forgoing, the provisions of this Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns.
- Force Majeure: We shall not be liable for failing or delaying performance of our obligations resulting from any condition beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to, use of third parties’ equipment or services, communications failure, governmental action, war, acts of terrorism, earthquake, fire, flood or other acts of God, labor conditions, power failures, and Internet disturbances.
- Electronic Notice: You agree to receive communications from us in an electronic form. Electronic notices will be delivered to your email address, which you used for registration purposes, as it may be subsequently changed by you by written notice to us. All communications in electronic format will be considered to be “in writing” and to have been received on the day that we send them. We reserve the right, but assume no obligation, to provide communications in paper format.
- Languages: This Agreement is in the English language, which prevails over any translations of it to other languages, made by us and provided to you for your convenience, as applicable. The Service is designed in the English language and its translations into other languages may contain inaccuracies for which we shall not bear any responsibility; we suggest using the English version and resorting to versions in other languages only for references and at your own risk. You also agree to have all communications with us in English.
- No Waiver: No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under this Agreement or by law shall constitute a waiver of that (or any other) right or remedy, nor preclude or restrict its further exercise. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall preclude or restrict the further exercise of that (or any other) right or remedy; and will not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach or default under the same or any other provision of this Agreement.
- Severability: All the provisions of this Agreement are distinct and severable. If any provision of this Agreement (or part of any provision) is found by any court or other authority of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, this shall not impair the operation of this Agreement or affect the other provisions which are valid.
We are always available to be reached by e-mail at [email protected]
Last updated: January 21, 2019